A friend of mine is into me and I don't know how to deal with it

So I met this guy at a talk recently and we had a nice conversation. I gave him my Facebook information so we could keep in touch. We started chatting a lot and I noticed some things that feel like flirting but didn’t mention it in case I was wrong. Eventually when it fit into the conversation, I outed myself as ace and then he told me he’s had a crush on me ever since we met. We talk about it for a while and he asked whether I would be okay with him flirting with me. I told him yes, since he knew I wouldn’t start developing the same feelings - I stated that reason to make sure he understood. After a while he said the feelings were apparently going away. Despite that, he told me today how he’d be ready if I were to change my mind. I have no experience with anything like that and I really don’t know what to do or say. I don’t want to hurt him but I’m not sure he understands the situation based on what he wrote to me.
Do any of you have experience with something like this and can help me out? 'Cause I feel like I’m in a mine field.

Um yeah, I’ve been where you are girl. Boys are crazy. They have a tendency to lead you on then change their mind. The best thing you can do is just wait until it passes, he’ll get bored of chasing after you eventually. And if he’s your friend then just ignore the flirting and try to have a normal conversation; if you aren’t very fond of him you can just ignore him.
:smiley:

Okay, thanks. That’s what I’ve been trying to do so far, I just wasn’t sure if there was a better course of action. Like, he says it helps him to tell me about this stuff so I kinda feel obliged to let him say that stuff so it doesn’t bottle up inside him.
I do like him, he’s really nice and good to talk to.
Idk, it’s all really confusing.